Some words on the Project Scorpio
Tue 19 Dec 2017, 19:42
I got one of these. I wasn't planning on at first because I missed out on the chance of getting a Project Scorpio-edition because you had to pre-order and I didn't really wanna do it at the time, but at launch, to my surprise, my favorite online retailer carried some Scorpio editions so I ended up getting one afterall.
Here are some quick words on it:
- I dislike it in general:
- The Project Scorpio controller I got with it was defective. I say "was", because it has somehow fixed itself. Also Microsoft wanted me to send it to them via UPS, which is just impossible for me where I live.
- The Xbox One OS is just awful. Everything is laggy, nothing is easy to find, almost everything except your games and the store is hidden. It just really sucks. I hate it alot. I prefer PS4's OS like 1000x more, and I'm not exaggerating. I think I even prefer the Wii or the Wii U's OS over the Xbox One. It's just truly awful.
- I just don't like it, and I don't know why. The PS4 is either my favorite or next to favorite console of all time, but the Xbox One/Scorpio is just plain boring and nothing interesting at all.
- The console refused to work after I left it in sleep for like a week. I had to pull the power cord and then it was fine. Has never happened to my PS4.
- Xbox has no good exclusives, except Forza Horizon 3 (technically I think that's on PC too). And the multiplats I would rather play on my OG PS4 or my PC. I bought COD WWII for it but I just don't enjoy it at all, I wish I would've gotten it for PS4 instead.
- PS4 has a much better system for sharing screenshots and videos. Xbox uses OneDrive and is just slow. PS4 is just better overall when it comes to software, christ.
- The name "Xbox One X" is really bad. I prefer Project Scorpio much more, which is a huge reason why I wanted that edition.
- Games on the Microsoft Store are like 1.3x more expensive than on PSN.
- I like some things:
- Backwards Compatibility. Not Scorpio exclusive, but still, I think it's really damn cool and is a huge reason why I wanted a Xbox One again. Not to play Xbox One games, but to try backwards compatible games. (emphasis on "try", I don't plan on playing them alot.)
- Forza Horizon 3 is the best car game I've played. I need to play it some more, but I just really hate using the Xbox so it's hard.
- How the console itself is like half the size of the original Xbox One, while being much more powerful. Really impressive.
- It's very quiet/almost silent. My OG v2 (physical buttons, not capacitive) PS4 is extremely loud.
- Games look pretty I guess. I only got a 1080p TV but Halo 5 and COD WWII looks very nice and the framerates are smooth.
I don't know why I fundamentally hate the Xbox One and love the PS4. I think it's like the Xbox One feels more like a Windows computer, and less like a video game console. I don't know really. I am just a PS4 fanboy. And PS4 has all the good games.
So was it worth the money? No.
But eventually I will wanna try some more backwards compatible stuff so I'll be glad to have it, and I can live with the peace of mind that I got the best version of the Xbox One; It doesn't get any better than this, and it still sucks.
And it's one more console to add to my collection. I just miss like a Sega Master System and Saturn and then I got them all, atleast of the "main" ones.
I don't really claim to be a console collector, but it has just kind of happened.
The error I got after it had been in sleep mode for like a week