Quick, first impressions on iPhone SE
Wed 01 Jun 2016, 19:48
- I've only had it for like 4 hours so far
- It's still an iPhone.
- It got really damn hot while restoring all apps and data
- Speed difference isn't that great compared to my 6+. iOS animations are still slow. Spotlight searching is a lot faster.
- "Hey Siri" is a gimmick and I can't think of any time where I'll use it
- Can't judge how much better camera is yet because iCloud Photo Library is glitching out (what else is new)
- Battery seems good enough. I'll have a better idea of it after tomorrow.
- I really love the 5/5s/SE design. It's like the most beautiful object in the world.
- 2 GB of ram is nice when you're used to 1 GB. Using a bunch of apps and tabs in Safari and not have them reload is nice. With that said I didn't mind it when I used my 6+, I'm just saying it would be hard to go back now.
- Having some trouble getting used to the tinier keyboard. I'm writing this whole post on it (and publishing from it too) to practice.
- iTunes Encrypted Backup seems to have carried over 99% of my data. Only stuff I had to re-login to was Gmail and BankID. It did not sync what songs I had downloaded in Music.app.
- I don't like the home button I got. It's very deep and feels clonky. It's a lottery really. One of my friends has an amazing iPhone 6 home button.
- Not 100% happy I got it in silver. If I could I would probably prefer Space Grey, or even gold. Silver/white is just so bland.
- As I mentioned on Twitter I got it for $60 less than full price (5190: instead of 5790:-) as it was a "demo" unit, but literally the only thing they had done was open the box. The phone still had its protective plastic on. The box had a sticker that said "Inspected" on it so I'm guessing the store picked 2 random iPhones boxes to open and make sure it really was an iPhone in there so their supplier didn't screw them. I really have no idea what else could've happened.
- I've wiped and boxed my 6+, selling it to a company that buys used Apple products asap (it was from them I bought my iPad Air 2). I would've sold it today already but their website was down for maintenance. Even if I end up missing a bigger phone (which is 100% possible, I already miss typing on it) I want to get rid of my 6+ now before it completely drops in price.
I love how beautiful this object is. One of Jony's few good designs. Photo taken with iPad Air 2.