Why I bought a new iPhone this time of year
Sun 29 May 2016, 21:05
I ordered a 64 GB iPhone SE, and plan on selling my 6 Plus. Why?
- The SE is better than my 6+ in these areas: comfort, camera, speed, RAM, and features. It's worse in these: battery.
- I have money now, I shouldn't this fall when the 7 comes out (we'll see how life works out though)
- I got this SE for ~$50 cheaper, as it has had its box opened. I originally intended to get the 16 GB model (I would survive), but at this price the 64 GB felt more worth it. It was also the only model in stock in Sweden (the SE is very popular here.)
- My 6+ isn't completely worthless yet. Soon the battery will be shit and no one will pay much for a 6+. If I sell it now I can get a decent amount of money for it.
- I want a smaller phone. (I think I'd like the 4.7" size the most, but the 4" is classic.)
- I don't want rounded edges.
Some of you might remember that I bought a 5s a few months ago that I used for a while. The problems with that phone was: super bad battery (pre-owned) and it was worse than my 6+ on all internal specs. The SE is better than my 6+ on all internal specs, except battery, obviously.
I'll probably write a review of it, for fun, when I get it. Really looking forward to the speed, more ram, 4K camera, and Live Photos.