Game Beaten: Earthbound
I started writing a long post on this game.
I might go back and finish it and publish it later. Like in a few months or years. (Seriously, no guarantees I'll go back.)
There is a ton of stuff I want to eventually say about this game.
But for now all I can say is:
- This game is incredible. It's just so crazy and original. A genre of it's own.
- The inventory system and everything related to that sucks. I feel like half the time I spent playing the game was spent doing inventory.
- The graphics are super cute and I like them a lot. They hold up very well today.
- The battle backgrounds are amazing, and remind me of homebrew demos
- The final battle is probably my favourite final battle of any game ever? It was quite amazing, and touching.
- It is not my favourite game of all time. But at least top 20 probably. Favourite SNES game? Right now: sure! Later on: potentially.
Overall, a cult classic.
Oh, and getting Homesick is annoying, but super cute.
Here are some photos I took of my TV while playing Earthbound:
I love Ness' little smile on his face
After I had grinded for the Sword of Kings for a while
Yeah my name is George Costanza. I wonder how many others have used this name? Seinfeld was very popular in 94/95 (the game wasn't though).
So this will have to do until I do my longer post about Earthbound. If I ever...