Some words on the Project Scorpio
I got one of these. I wasn't planning on at first because I missed out on the chance of getting a Project Scorpio-edition because you had to pre-order and I didn't really wanna do it at the time, but at launch, to my surprise, my favorite online retailer carried some Scorpio editions so I ended up getting one afterall.
Here are some quick words on it:
- I dislike it in general:
- The Project Scorpio controller I got with it was defective. I say "was", because it has somehow fixed itself. Also Microsoft wanted me to send it to them via UPS, which is just impossible for me where I live.
- The Xbox One OS is just fucking awful. Really fucking awful. Everything is laggy, nothing is easy to find, almost everything except your games and the store is hidden. It just really sucks. I hate it alot. I prefer PS4's OS like 1000x more, and I'm not exaggerating. I think I even prefer the Wii or the Wii U's OS over the Xbox One. It's just truly awful.
- I just don't like it, and I don't know why. The PS4 is either my favorite or next to favorite console of all time, but the Xbox One/Scorpio is just plain boring and nothing interesting at all.
- The console refused to work after I left it in sleep for like a week. I had to pull the power cord and then it was fine. Has never happened to my PS4.
- Xbox has no good exclusives, except Forza Horizon 3 (technically I think that's on PC too). And the multiplats I would rather play on my OG PS4 or my PC. I bought COD WWII for it but I just don't enjoy it at all, I wish I would've gotten it for PS4 instead.
- PS4 has a much better system for sharing screenshots and videos. Xbox uses OneDrive and is just slow and it's all just shit. PS4 is just better overall when it comes to software, christ.
- The name "Xbox One X" is really bad. I prefer Project Scorpio much more, which is a huge reason why I wanted that edition.
- Games on the Microsoft Store are like 1.3x more expensive than on PSN.
- I like some things:
- Backwards Compatibility. Not Scorpio exclusive, but still, I think it's really damn cool and is a huge reason why I wanted a Xbox One again. Not to play Xbox One games, but to try backwards compatible games. (emphasis on "try", I don't plan on playing them alot.)
- Forza Horizon 3 is the best car game I've played. I need to play it some more, but I just really hate using the Xbox so it's hard.
- How the console itself is like half the size of the original Xbox One, while being much more powerful. Really impressive.
- It's very quiet/almost silent. My OG v2 (physical buttons, not capacitive) PS4 is extremely loud.
- Games look pretty I guess. I only got a 1080p TV but Halo 5 and COD WWII looks very nice and the framerates are smooth.
I don't know why I fundamentally hate the Xbox One and love the PS4. I think it's like the Xbox One feels more like a Windows computer, and less like a video game console. I don't know really. I am just a PS4 fanboy. And PS4 has all the good games.
So was it worth the money? No.
But eventually I will wanna try some more backwards compatible stuff so I'll be glad to have it, and I can live with the peace of mind that I got the best version of the Xbox One; It doesn't get any better than this, and it still sucks.
And it's one more console to add to my collection. I just miss like a Sega Master System and Saturn and then I got them all, atleast of the "main" ones.
I don't really claim to be a console collector, but it has just kind of happened.
The error I got after it had been in sleep mode for like a week