Some Thoughts on Computer Monitors
- 24" is too small. 27" is good, but not great.
- Windows is not ready for 4K/Retina/HiDPI. Mac definitively is (i.e. if you use a Mac, you should absolutely have a 4K/Retina monitor.)
- 60 Hz vs 144 Hz is noticable, and if you play games with a keyboard and mouse I would urge you to get a monitor with high refresh rates
- V-Sync is horrible if you play with a mouse and keyboard. If you use a controller it's good
- G-Sync is good and very fluid, but if you get high framerates (100+ fps) it may not be necessary
- I have not tried FreeSync
- I find 1080p at 27" usable
- If you can, go for some kind of IPS panel
- If you use two screens, 1 in front of you and 1 to the side is the way to go. I do not understand people that have the "crack" in the middle
I am in the market for a 144 Hz 27" monitor now.
4K at 24" was an experiment.